Best Sleeping Bags
A sleeping bag is a basic and essential item on any camping trip, or your kids sleepovers or even just to have for an occasional house guest. And they're quite inexpensive.
What you need to know about sleeping bags
- 3-season or 4-season - Unless you are camping in the middle of winter, or on top of cold mountains, a 3-season bag is plenty warm enough. Yes, if you will be camping on snowy nights, below freezing, you will need the 4 season bag (or wear more clothes to sleep in). But those 4-season bags are too hot the rest of the year. So get the 3-season bag, and if you need to go in the winter, buy a second 4-season bag.
- Machine washable - this is a must, and luckily almost all are.
- Compression sack - Many come with a bag to store the sleeping bag and the straps can be used to squeeze the bag down almost in half. Handy for backpacking, not so needed in a car trip.
- Waterproof? - They ALL say they are waterproof. They are not. They'll shed a few drops, but are no replacement for sleeping in a tent. Which you should do.
Recommended Sleeping Bags
High ratings and lots of them, you cannot go wrong with any of these.
- Sleeping Bag 3 Seasons (Summer, Spring, Fall) for Warm and Cool Weather - It's lightweight, waterproof for Indoor and Outdoor use.
- ECOOPRO 3 Season Sleeping Bag - Indoor and Outdoor Use, It's waterproof, lightweight,
- Oaskys 3-season Camping Sleeping Bag - t's lightweight, waterproof for Indoor and Outdoor use.
- 4-season: Coolzon Lightweight Backpacking Sleeping Bag - Good for All Season Hiking & Camping