How to Cook Campsite Hamburgers
Hamburgers and baked beans (or chips) are a favorite camping meal! You can use beef, turkey, chicken even a veggie patty, like BeyondBeef! Fast, easy and please almost everyone!
What you need:
- Camp stove
- 1 pot and 1 fry pan or 2 pots
- Silicone or wood spatula
- 1 burger per person. Or more for bigger appetites. Shape the raw patties in advance and freeze them in ziploc or vacuum seal bags when you head out on your trip, pack them in the cooler in the ice. That makes the meal fast and clean to make at the campsite.
- 1 can (16 oz) of baked beans or chili) per 2 persons... unless they're really hungry, then 1 per person.
- Seasonings: your choice, ketchup, pepper, salt, or bring your favorite steak sauce in a small container or ziploc pouch.
- (optional) cooking spray oil for the pan
How to cook the meal (total time 15 to 25 minutes)
- Get baked beans heating over very low heat in a pot on one burner.
- Get the fry pan or other pot heating up, then add the burgers.
- Cook to your taste, about 6 minutes on each side, normally until no longer pink in the center (to avoid E. coli!)
- Serve on plates!
If you use nonstick pots and paper plates, just wipe the pots out wash with dish soap and a sponge and wash the utensils.